David Berggren - Bio
Here is a quick synopsis of my life. I would be happy to talk about any of these items further but here are the cliff notes.
- Born and raised in San Diego, CA.
- Graduated from Point Loma High School in 1990.
- Attended the California Maritime Academy in Vallejo, CA from 1990 – 1994, graduated with a BS in Marine Engineering Technology, a minor in Computer Science and a USCG 3rd Asst. Engineers License (Unlimited HP).
- Fished all over the North and South Pacific Ocean for Albacore tuna aboard a 90 ft. fishing vessel, built by my father, from 1995 to 1997.
- Worked on three different factory trawlers, which ranged from 265 ft. – 340 ft., in the Bearing Sea, as a 1st Assistant Engineer from 1998-2000.
- Bought my grandfathers house in Point Loma in 1998, which I fully remodeled myself over 3 years.
- Built a 58 ft. steel Salmon fishing boat, from scratch, with my father in 2000-01.
- Began working at High Tech High in the fall of 2002, as an Engineering Instructor.
- Created a FIRST robotics team in 2004 which has grown to achieve national recognition.
- Created BlueChip Machine and Fabrication, LLC. with my father in 2005.
- Married to Rebecca Reoh in June of 2005 on Kauai, HI.
- Our daughter Makena Lee was born June of 2007